The purpose of the multi-disciplinary Compass Program is to support the diverse, school-related needs of all students. Through collaboration with students, teachers, and parents, our goal is to maximize each student’s learning potential.
Meet Our Team
Compass Leadership Team
- Compass Team Director – Kathy Boero
Learning Specialists collaborate with teachers, students, and parents to identify learner strengths and challenges, encourage self-advocacy, and support learning and study strategies to ensure school success.
- Reading Specialist – Susan Holum
- Reading Specialist & Learning/Differentiation Specialist – Valerie Sprunger
The Director of Education for Psychology and Counseling collaborates with teachers, students, and parents to support emotionally secure relationships that positively impact academic and social success for each student.
- Director of Education in Psychology and Counseling (Early School – Grade 12) – Mike Boticki
- School Counselor – Amy Peterson
The Nurse(s) provide medical care and support, health assessments, and wellness counseling for the school community. In collaboration with students, teachers, and families recommendations are made to maximize time in class.
- School Nurse (full-time) – Julianne Smith
Academic Support Teachers
- (Gr. 6-8) Learning Specialist & Speech/Language Therapist – Dana Handrow
- (Gr. 9-12) Learning Specialist – Mari Grobschmidt
- EF Skills/Research/Reading Specialist – McKenzie Weaver
- Support Teacher – Gail Axelson
- O.T. / Fine Motor Skill Development – Barb Hoppa-Swanson
- ELL Teacher – Elizabeth Long
- (Gr. 9-12) Writing Specialist – Dr. Becky Wheeler
- Wilson Reading Teacher, Fundations – Jenni Chiapete
- Wilson Reading Teacher – Matt Oscarson
- Wilson Reading Teacher – Kim Jensen
- Math Specialist – Lynne Santalucia
- Art Integration, Academic Support – Holly Wolf Mattick