Dear 7th and 8th Grade Parent/Guardian,
Prairie is initiating an exciting new 7th and 8th-grade retreat this year. We believe for students to do well in school they need to feel comfortable with who they are and feel physically and emotionally safe. In other words, being known and valued within our community. To aid in creating this culture, Praire has partnered with Youth Frontiers who will facilitate our Courage Retreat at the end of August. Activities and conversations with students will continue throughout the school year during advisory period.
Who or what is/are Youth Frontiers? Here are a few facts about this organization;
- Began in 1987 and are a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization based in Minneapolis.
- Goal to build positive school communities that focus on students respecting themselves and others equally.
- Provide activities that teach students skills in empathy and respect.
- Are well known; worked with over 110,000 students in 2015 alone
This high energy, interactive retreat is scheduled, grade specific, on the following day and time:
- August 30th Grade 8 Students will meet in the theatre promptly at 8:30 a.m.
- August 31st. Grade 7 Students will meet in the theatre promptly at 8:30 a.m.
For more information about Youth Frontiers I encourage you to visit their website at; youthfrontiers.org/courage-retreat. There you will find informative parent resources and a video about the Courage Retreat.
I am very excited about this new adventure and your support as we move forward!
Head of Middle School