Giving Garden Summer Clean-Up
Are you looking for volunteer opportunities this summer? Do you want to learn a little more about gardening? The Giving Garden needs your help this summer. Below are a few volunteer opportunities open to families, students and staff. (This is a great way for Upper School students to complete service hours!)
- Racine County Food Bank Delivery: If you don’t know much about gardening, you can volunteer to take the produce to the food bank. The RCFB is open every Tuesday and Thursday between 2:00-4:00 p.m. Additional details will be communicated to those interested.
- Basic Gardening: From watering, to harvesting and compost maintenance to weeding, there are a lot of basic gardening tasks needed to maintain the garden during the summer. Those less familiar with gardening may call upon Melissa Mills for a quick tutoring session. A small picture book of weeds is also available to volunteers.
How to Register/Volunteer
- Information is available at the Giving Garden entrance (by the Primary School Offices).
- Volunteers should enter through the Welcome Desk entrance (Door #2; 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) or through the Summer Camp entrance (Door # xx; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.).
- The garden will be accessible Monday – Friday; the school closes at 6:00 p.m. each day.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Melissa Mills (262.260.1904 / [email protected]).
Volunteers play a vital role in the maintenance and upkeep of the garden. Thank you in advance for your help.